Thursday, March 21, 2013

"Basic"

My favorite way to dress up "basic" pieces in your wardrobe it by accessories and adding a pop of color or pattern. I am a huge fan of brooches so I decided to jazz up these simple high waisted black pants and button down with two of my favorite gold brooches.
For the pop of color I wore my multicolored Prabal Gurung heels, and since it's now spring I am giving my faithful black manicure a rest and pulling out some of my favorite hues. This "No Room for the Blues" by OPI is one of my absolute favorites.

I love being creative with my brooches by wearing them in non-traditional places on my clothing( as seen HERE and HERE) like on the waist of high waisted pants or skirt, on your sleeves, or on turbans or different hats.

I am sure like many of you, I LOVED the Prabal Gurung collection that he recently did for Target. Even though there were a couple pieces I wanted to add to my wardrobe, I opted on just getting the shoes because it seemed as though everybody in the blogsmosphere had the dress and shirt I wanted. It was complete over kill to me, so I quickly lost interest.
So how about you guys? How do you jazz up your basic looks?
Pants: TJ Max (old)
Shirt: Victoria's Secret (old)
Shoes: Prabal Gurung via Target
Brooches: Consignment



5 comments: