With spring just around the corner, I decided to list a few things that are on my wishlist. I honestly don't need a thing else, but these are some pieces from a couple of my favorite websites that caught my eye. Click on the links below for more information.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Monday, February 27, 2012
Hey ladies! I snapped a few pictures of what I wore last Sunday afternoon when I spent the day hanging out with my mom who was in town visiting from Utah. After church we went to the mall, hit up some thrift stores, and had dinner.
I absolutely love wearing bright colors and love color blocking.
I bought this ring in NYC when I was there this past October. I thought I lost it, but when I pulled out my blue clutch on Saturday to wear. I found it!!!!!!
Colored Skinny Jeans: Forever 21 also seen Here
Bare Shoulder Blouse: Threadsence found Here
Shoes: Solestruck seen here
Purse: TJ Maxx (super old)
Necklaces: Forever 21 (super old)
Leather Jacket: Wilson's Leather (super old)
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
My celebrity inspired look for February comes from the our beautiful first lady Michelle Obama. Mrs. Obama style is very classic and chic. She is definitely is the epitome of elegance. Her signature look seems to be sheath dresses, which in my opinion is the best way to accentuate your shape gracefully. She often incorporates bright hues and simple accessories which include her statement pearls (wink).
I recreated the look with a dress that I found at the thrift store awhile back and my "'Miami Green" Jessica Simpson shoes also worn Here
Shoes: Jessica Simpson via Dillards
Necklace: Decades Vintage Store, Salt Lake City, Utah
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Hey Hey! I decided to do a quick post despite a the very exhausting and trying week I've had. My mom is in town visiting from Utah so I have been trying to entertain, search for a house, run my business, and deal with the inconvenience and headache caused the car accident I was in on Thursday. It's been a long week, but I thank God for getting me through!!! I took my mom to see the Alvin Ailey dance tour last night and this is what I wore.
The weather has been cool and rainy all weekend, so I was unable to take my pictures outside like I normally do.=0(
I hope everyone is enjoying their three day weekend!!
Dress & Clutch: ASOS on sale Here
Blazer: Calvin Klein via TJ Maxx
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
As promised here are the pictures I took when I wore my thrifted pantsuit to church. I jazzed it up with some brooches and my new Betsy Johnson pumps. I got idea to wear the brooches on my hip from my ever fashion forward bestie. I think it added a little something extra instead of wearing them on the upper part of my chest like I normally do.
Combining recycled pieces with new pieces is one of my favorite things to do!!!! Happy Hump Day!
Faux Leopard Jacket: unknown via TJ Maxx
Shoes: Betsy Johnson found Here
Monday, February 13, 2012
The weather in Atlanta has been very spring- like all winter, but this weekend it did a 360. I stopped and snapped a few pictures of what I wore Saturday while out running errands.
Trench Coat: Thrifted
Purse: B. Makowsky via TJ Maxx
Shoes: Jeffery Campbell via Nastygal.com
Friday, February 10, 2012
The combination of lace and ruffles is so feminine and pretty to me, so when I ran across this skirt online I immediately fell in love. I decided to be over the top with lace wore two Sundays ago when I went to church.
I've had these shoes for about two years now, and have only wore them maybe five times because they are not 100% comfortable. After an hour I am DONE. I can pretty much rock any inch heel, as long as it is a platform. It's funny because I can rock my Night Walkers alllll night with no problems and they are much higher than these shoes.This shoe is absolutely gorgeous, but heel on this is the pits!! I think I am just going to sell them.
I found this necklace at a consignment shop years ago. I love the long chain with the pearl in the back that hangs low.
Skirt: Asos found Here
Sleeveless Shirt & Cropped Lace Shawl: Forever 21
Tights: Target also seen Here
Shoes: Bebe (old)
Necklace: Chanel via Consignment
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Ok as promised here are the four items that I bought from the thrift store on Friday.
1. Black Capri Jumpsuit- $4.29 half off because it was a green tag so $2.14
2. Multi-Colored Dress- $ 4.29
3. Burnt Orange "Delia" Jeans- $4.29 ( brand new original tags still on them)
4. Black Cotton Dress- $ 4.29
Grand Total: $ 15.01
I actually wore the jumpsuit to church on Sunday and took pictures that I will post next week.
The cotton dress is super comfortable, so I did a dress up and down look with my JC's and Coach leopard sneaks. I love the colors in the dress, but I think I will have the sleeves cut to make the dress sleeveless. Overall the jumpsuit was my absolute favorite it was so comfortable and flattering.
So what do you ladies think, how did I do? Four outfits for less than 20 bucks!! Are you new non-thrifters up to the challenge?
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
As you all know I am a huge thrifter!!! Thrift and consignment stores are actually my favorite places to shop because of the unique, vintage style pieces, and treasures you find. I often get emails and questions about how to thrift and where I go, so I decided to do a post to give some pointers. Hopefully they will be helpful to the new and veteran thrifters out there.
- Start your thrifting day on a full stomach and positive attitude - Thrifting takes patience and time, so if your hungry, or have a million other things on your mind, you will most certainly cut your visit short and the entire process will make you more irritable.
- Be Patient- You will have to comb through racks, deal with the "thrift smell", children, customers, and other thrifters in the aisle. I sometimes bring my IPOD just to tune things out, but most of the time I am in such "treasure finding zone" that none of the above affect me.
- Start on the perimeter and work your way in- (i.e. jewelry, belts, dresses, coats, then move your way to blouses, pants, etc). These racks usually have the most stuff, so it will take you longer to search through.
- Expedite going through racks by focusing on cute patterns and skipping sleeveless items.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing- I usually wear stretch pants and an oversize button down with a tank underneath. Many stores don't have dressing rooms , so this makes it easier to slip things on and off to see if they fit or not.
- Look for "potential pieces"- Many times I "remix" an item that I find to make it look less "old fashioned" or make it funkier. **Make long dresses into minis or dipped hem dresses, change buttons, cut sweaters to make them off the shoulder, change the sleeves to make them capped. These are all things I have done to pieces. Be creative!** Don't be alarmed , all I can do when it comes to sewing is change buttons. I have found a very reasonable alterations person here that makes my visions come alive. Heck if you spend $2 to $6 on a dress, I don't mind paying $12 to make changes.
I hope this information was helpful. Please feel free to comment or email me if you have additional questions. I actually went to the thrift store after work on Friday. I found two dresses, a jumpsuit and a pair of jeans all for about $21.00 I will take pictures of these items, and how I styled them and post them tomorrow!
God Bless xoxoxoxo
God Bless xoxoxoxo
Friday, February 3, 2012
I am in love with ALL Jeffery Campbell shoes(as you can probably tell from 75% of my posts). I first bought the all black Nightwalkers awhile back and fell in love with the funkiness of the shoe and how comfortable they are.
I found this AMAZING vintage leather purse at the thrift store last week for $2.88!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boyfriend Jeans: Victoria's Secret seen Here and Here
Blazer: The Gap (old)
Ruffled Tank Bustier: ASOS (old)
Shoes: Jefferey Campbell found Here
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
There is no question that I have a serious shoe and hang bag addiction. I think my addiction to shoes is far worse than handbags! When I see a pair I love I am impulsive and I don't think. I typically ask for a size 10, keep it moving . I ran across these
hot dope shoes on Nasty Gal. This time my impulsiveness paid off because they were sold out in less than 48 hours!
I love the everything about the style of this shirt, and it is sooooo incredibly comfortable.
I want to say hello to all my new readers/followers!!!!! I thank you for supporting me and truly appreciate all of the love!! xoxoxoxo
Dipped Hem Blouse and Faux Leather Panel Leggings: ASOS (old)
Tank Cami: Express
Shoes: Nasty gal found Here (currently sold out, but they will restock)