Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"Tartan"


Last night I attended a bloggers event hosted by the fabulous  Talking with Tami. I finally broke my all black rut by wearing this amazing tartan print pantsuit that I found online. I have to admit that I stepped outside my comfort zone with this number, but I'm glad I did because I absolutely love it!

My only complaint about this fabric is that it's heavier than most fabrics, so it is not as fluid and it adds volume to your frame, which means in my case it falls in the  "doesn't photograph well"side of my closet. Luckily in person it is amazing.

I paired it with my favorite Melody Eshani necklace, red purse and my color block shoes that I first wore here.
I had a wonderful time at the dinner and even got a chance to meet Mimi Faust from Love and Hip Hop Atlanta. I will post the pictures from the dinner on Thursday. Happy hump day, smile you made it.
Shirt & Slacks: Asos found here
Necklace: Melody Eshani found here
Shoes: Unknown
Purse: Century 21, NYC




8 comments:

  1. I want that outfits soo much! I absolutely love it! Thanks for coming out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee IT!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much ladies, and thank you Tami for putting together such an awesome event!

      Delete
  2. That is a fab suit and if fits you great!!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just oozes sophistication and chicness. Love the fit and I really love the bold colors and pattern. You got yourself have a new follower.

    http://bigbonedstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and thank you for following Lakeisha! I checked out your blog and you have an awesome since of style! I love how bold you are with prints and patterns. I am trying to get there....LOL

      Delete
  4. OMG, I am in love with this look. Yes yes and yes.

    ReplyDelete