Monday, March 5, 2012

"Stripes and Chucks"

So I decided to take two baby steps outside my fashion comfort zone this weekend. First, by wearing by horizontal stripes and second, combining different colors of the same pattern. I ran across this dress a couple of weeks ago and instantly fell in love with the color and style. You may remember from my spring wish list
Blair from Atlantic Pacific is one of the many awesome bloggers I follow, and she has mastered perfected the art of layering and combining different colors and patterns. I am always inspired by her end result, so  I decided to take a shot at it myself .

I decided to pair the dress with my yellow All Stars. It's crazy because I have about six pairs of these shoes in different colors.....SMH. Chuck Taylors and Vans are definitely my favorite go to sneaker to wear in the spring and summer.

Dress: ASOS found Here

Cardigan: Forever 21

Shoes: Converse via TJ Maxx

9 comments:

  1. U did and "AWESOME" job on this outfit!!! I love it!! its sooo spring like.. tooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Spring was also the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it.

      Delete
  2. You did a great job mixing different color stripes. Love your style especially your vintage style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mixture of colors, so vibrant & playful! I am loving this look....too cute!!

    ReplyDelete